Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update on music ensemble

Well a couple of things have happened recently. I did go and see the community arts network who gave me some ideas on how to start working on teaching PWD and forming an ensemble. I have written a document on the computer on both things just a list of ideas really about what needs to happen like public liability insurance and all kinds of things. I have thought about it and I think a community centre would be the best place for the ensemble to rehearse in and that teaching at home may be a possibility depending on what disability the person has and how much room I actually need. I have also had a couple of friends say at least tentatively that they are interested in helping me with the project cause obviously there is just NO way on this earth I would be able to do it all by myself. So this is good. One thing I hope to do in the near future is contact the director of Tutti ensemble Pat rix and explain my idea and see if she has any ideas about it whether it could be a Tutti off shoot or a business in its own right or what. Hoping to be able to start something when I finish TAFE which hopefully will be around the start of July. Haven't had a good time medically with my husband having his first seizure in 8 years meaning being admitted to hospital for 3 days last week and having respite and all kinds of difficulties organising it and just being able to visit him was a nightmare. So all the medical stuff may hold up TAFE I just dont know. Actually my lecturer has not replied to half my emails yet so hoping she will tomorrow as really would like to get back into it slowly. First aid was cancelled yesterday as the other participant is sick so the trainer is hoping to be able to still do the last part of the certificate in 2 sessions instead of 3. We will have to see how we go. Another thing is that a woman who is blind joined our choir recently and when i mentioned on an email list about this idea she loved it and wants to play the viola but she lives on opposite side of Adelaide so we will see what happens with that. I eventually worked out she was actually the same person. And another thing this recent medical stuff with jeff has given me a total repeat of what happened in 2008 the social isolation (cause Jeffs drivers license has been suspended temporarily for 3 possibly 6 or maybe more months and I can only drive a short distance) factors and the depression the anxiety etc have all gone and got me again which is not nice. I am OK but not brilliant I had enough going on before without his medical issues as well that being said its highlighted to me what I have been telling dom care for the last 2 years he is not able to cope with all of the stuff they keep putting on him the stress of having to look after me plus working full time is too much!!!! But do they listen? NO!!!! Hence I have started the difficult process of switching to disability SA. Hoping this will occur sooner rather than later.
And another thing today I had an appointment with my neurophysio and she showed me how to use a slide board I think they are SUCH a marvellous invention and I am hoping that disability SA will think that too because it would help me to be more independant particularly in the public disabled toilet area. I actually have had rather awful continence issues going on at the moment and its not been nice. Seeing the RDNS (royal district nurses service) and also a urologist which I cannot get into til mid July!!! Anyway the continence nurse from RDNS is actually coming next week so i am glad they are involved.

Well the microwave is beeping gotta go sort out tea
Erin

2 comments: